It is almost impossible for any homeowner not to be affected by mold at some point in the life cycle of their home. Mold is almost unavoidable because it flourishes in an environment where moisture is present.

The modern home has a variety of locations and appliances that contribute toward a moisture rich environment. bathrooms and kitchens are only two of the most obvious examples.

Leaving mold untreated can cause a variety of harmful conditions such as respiratory problems and in some extreme cases allergic reactions that can be life-threatening. There are also varieties of molds that can cause even worse physiological reactions.

Image result for Aspergillus green moldThereĀ are a number of different molds that can become problematic in the home – but some of the most common are as follows.

Green mold can usually be found in cabinets or growing on walls. It can also be found on fabrics where moisture is present. The green molds are usually from the Aspergillus, Penicillium or Cladosporium species. These are molds which can cause flu-like symptoms and in extreme cases even pneumonia.

The second common type of mold is the black mold variety. This type of mold can be especially damaging to the health of the occupants of the home. Normal black mold can be treated with common chemicals that are specifically designed for mold control. however, there is a specific type of black mold that is known as Stachybotrys -toxic black mold’.

This mold produces mycotoxins. These can cause damage to the reproductive system, respiratory problems, vision issues and damage the circulatory system.

They can also cause severe neurological damage leading to hallucinations and seizures.

If you think that you have a problem with black mold it may be a good idea to find a mold removal company that will fix it completely. It is far better to be safe than sorry.

 

Sources

https://microbewiki.kenyon.edu/index.php/Aspergillus

0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *